Wednesday 20 July 2016

Day 12: Painting and Poetry!

Today we carried on with our project work and teaching the kids English. 

This morning Isla had to get up to cook us a delicious breakfast of cake and bread. We then went to the school to teach the kids and at 10.30 half the group went back to their poetry or dancing while the others began to paint but instead of painting the outside they started painting the inside of the classroom. 

After lunch Jess, Luc, Lucy, Georgie, Bogdan and Alex J continued to paint the insides of the classrooms white. 

Meanwhile Alex H and Skyla drew pictures on the walls and made a banner for the celebration on Friday.

The team were so dedicated to finishing the project today, that some even stayed behind till 6 to complete as much painting as possible. This included Alex J, Skyla, Lucy, Luc, Alannah , Jess and Alex H!  

However, the dreaded fresh water carry could not be neglected. The day finished with us all very tired!

Alex H, Jess and Alex J

Isla- "I'm glad everyone is well and happy, miss you all loads. I've read all of your comments and I'm very grateful for them. Can't wait to see you to tell you everything about it and hear what you've been up to too. Thank you Lucy, the Edwards and Mel for your comments too, lots of love Isla" x x x x x 

Jess- "Having a great time here, it's gonna be really hard leaving the kids on Saturday for safari I've got so attached to them and don't wanna leave them. Love you guys lots and miss the dogs a lot, saw someone pick up a puppy by the back legs today and it made me feel horrible and miss the dogs here. I don't know what your talking about with the bugs, I'm basically the bug exterminator here and still don't have a single mozy bite so all is good. Love you and Adam lots and thank you for the comments, Auntie Rosie as well it's cool to see you are following as well."

Alannah - Tell Freddie I miss him more and peestain the penguin is fine, love you all xxx



















5 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear from you isla & great picture's of you & all. Can't wait to see you & hear all about it. Carry on the fantastic work, sounds like it was a long hard day yesterday & you all must have been very tired. But well done to you all. We had young Toby to stay last night & grandma came for BBQ as the weather has finally got hot hot hot, she sends her love. Dogs & red send there's too & say hurry home safely. Love & miss you loads.xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and congratulations to the teachers and children for this fantastic work ... I am very proud of you!! You are all amazing! I like everything what I read about the activities with the children ... I hope you have fun in this project! I realy miss Bogdan and I hope to see him in pictures without cap ... �� )))) Hugs and much love for Bogdan ... Miss you a lot , Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw bless you Jessica I knew you'd feel like that. It's gone so quickly!! Glad you're not bitten (I am). Hope you all enjoy the last couple of days with the kids. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Iyanla my posts don't seem to be going through, not sure where they are posting to. How's it going for you, hope your still enjoying yourself. Everyone says to say hello. We went to your NCS meeting tonight. Looks like a lot of fun. Busy summer for you 😀 missing you lots xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You bet I am following! This blog thing is fab (maybe I'll have to get with the programme, tech-wise!) and your time out there has clearly been fun as well as a marvellous thing to do. Well done everyone involved - and continue to enjoy :o)

    ReplyDelete